In our first year of marriage Tyler flew me to NYC to see Les Mis for my birthday. It was a total surprise, took a red eye flight, he had asked my attorneys for the time off for me etc. It was such an awesome trip.
Well, Tyler did it again. He told me a little in advance this time becuase he knew I would have to get the kids ready and etc. But this time he took me to San Francisco to see Wicked. As some of you know I was sad that I didn't get to see it when it came here so I was way excited. Plus I had never been to San Francisco before. Tyler's mom was sad we missed out on Wicked as well so Tyler and his dad worked together to take us in San Fran. We had a blast!!!
This was our early morning trolley ride to "the rock".
Don't worry our escape was successful.
We walked down to Fisherman's Wharf. Are you loving my hair? Thanks humidity and fog, I'm looking awesome. ;)
Of course we had to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge.
And down the crookedest, (is that a word?), most crooked road. ;)
And then of course the main event:
Our last day was actually the first day of Chinese New Year. So of course we headed into the biggest China Town in North America. The color red represents good luck so they set off strings of black cats in front of their shops (which leave little red papers scattered in front of their door). One little lady was scared to light them so she asked Tyler to do it. It was fun to feel the excitment in the air it felt like Christmas time. Everyone was happy and friendly. It was fun to be in China town. Unfortunately our flight left before the dragon parade and other festivities.
What an amazing trip. Thanks Ty, you are the best. And thanks for coming with us Gloria and Rob we had so much fun with you. This was a very memorable birthday.
10 comments:
I'm so jealous, I love San Fran of all places. Uncle Rob and Ty love to surprise the people they love. Sounds like it was a super fun trip.
How exciting! What a guy! I'm so glad you got to see San Fran AND Wicked - gotta love both. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time.
Awesome! I've been waiting to see pics. Your hair is getting long! Call me soon I miss you
I'm so jealous! Happy Birthday!
Good job Ty.
How AWESOME! That looks like so much fun and what a great suprise. I hope that you had a great Birthday by the way. I thought of you but never got around to leaving you a message. I hope that you had a great one (it looks like you did)
That looks like so much fun! I'm heading to SF next weekend on a girl's trip to see Wicked and am so excited!
Happy belated birthday!! Can Tyler give Brandon some tips :)
How fun and what a sweet husband. Glad that I finally can look at your blog.
SF does that to my hair too. How cool is Tyler for taking you away for your Birthday! Looks like so much fun. I really love that city. And I love the baby picture of Hayden too. So cute.
Happy belated birthday (to Hayden too)! Looks like they were both fun. Oh how I wish we lived a minute away from each other still. Hopefully we can catch up soon.
Post a Comment