Here is a taste of one of the cute books I found this time at the library.
It's called "Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?" By Karen Beaumont

Hayden really liked this book. The repetition and rhymes reminded me of the question-and-answer rhythm of Bill Martin, Jr.'s "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?". This book was great for chant-along story time with Hayden he loved joining in asking "who ate all the cookie dough?". It would also work for beginning readers.
Anyway, I have always loved children's books even before I had Hayden so I think this would be fun. Let me know what you think.
13 comments:
Just an FYI http://www.lookybook.com/
That is a website that lets you read childrens books before you buy them. ;)
Count me in! I love children's books. Try "We've all got bellybuttons" by David Martin. It's a favorite.
Fun!!! I try to get Coytt to sit still for a story, but usually 2 pages in he closes it and says "play mommy" or "race cars" so we go get his cars and play with them instead. I love children's books though!!! I will let you know if I find one that keeps him still.
I think it sounds like a great idea! Kylee loves reading books and at times it is hard to find good ones. I get tired of crawling around the kid section searching for ones that look interesting or that will captivate her. She is 4 now and loves reading a couple of books every evening before bed. I would love getting suggestions from everybody on their favorites. My one suggestion would be to add in around what age group the book would apply to.
I think it's a great idea! I've had to fore go our library time because Dean is just too much and will not go to story time. We've actually been asked to leave for being too disruptive :) I think it's good because then I can just run in and get the good ones that are suggested :)
What a great idea and so much fun.
that's a really cute idea! I'd read it for sure!
Brilliant idea! I would definitely participate.
I agree - great idea. I think we could be the resident experts on dinosaur books because that is pretty much all Grant looks for at the library. Seriously - we've read a million dinosaur books.
Hey Marli,
I'm about done with this book for Grandma if Ty wants to add a quick message to her. Have him email me.
Sounds like a great idea. Keep me posted. We have so many books it looks like a library at our house.
This is a great idea!
I suppose you already know about the Mercer Mayer and his bears... They have all sorts of "teaching" books about just about everything: Good manners, Counting Blessings, Just say please, etc. Every now and then Sasame Street has a good one, like Elmo Loves You! My Granddaughter Sidni loves the Robert Munsch book LOVE YOU FOREVER, we must have read it 10 times last weekend. Keep up the good work with the books. They will be your child's best friend, next to music!!! Love ya, Twila
Hey Marli
If you're still checking these comments.....
I would totally check out a blog about childrens books and I'd contribute too.
I've been thinking about you..how are you feeling?? I'm still having sleepless nights, but I hope yours are over quicker than mine!
-Mary
Post a Comment